Sunday, November 14, 2010

A LITTLE PREVIEW ON FOUR STRAIGHT LINES!!!

OMG!!!!! So marshmallow and i are really excited for our new blog, right? We're already on chapter 5, still working on it. Yes, I know, you're probably wondering, what the heck is this book about?

Well, it's basically about a girl named Amy who moves to what everyone says is a haunted house. yup. pretty normal ghost story. amy is seeing weird things and hearing strange noises ever since the first night she's there by herself. and she's also seeing a weird symbol on everything in the house—four straight red lines. and there's a ghost in the house thats trying to kill her, after plaguing her mind with terrible images!!!! Images that make her think she's going crazy, that she's hallucinating, and most of all, that there's something really creepy about this house. These images allow the ghost to control Amy's body while she sees them, so that the ghost, so can't actually kill amy (because, well, it's a ghost that can't touch anything without, you know, going right through it) can kill her without leaving any trace of evidence. So Amy and her friends investigate to see what's going on, and after finding out some shocking news, find out that one of amy's new friends, who seems trustworthy and friendly at first, might actually be helping the killer! I know, creepy right? ha ha ha. will amy escape in time?

To find out, read Four Straight Lines. I sound like the school librarian!!! And you can find this, and other AMAZING books written by marshmallow and me, at our blog. (which doesn't exist yet.)


Ok, here's an excerpt from chapter 3:

So I headed up. My body trembling, I started my climb up the creaky stairs. A feeling of dread seeped through my skin. It was just a rat. Just a rat. I finally finished my climb up the dark creepy stairs and tripped over something. By sheer luck, it was a flashlight. I turned it on and it worked. In the dim light, I could see nothing but boxes. And, not surprisingly, a few rats. But something told me that wasn’t the cause of the thumping. Wanting to find out more, I stepped forward, each step risking being heard.
Suddenly, I heard a piercing screech. I jumped back, trying to hold back my uncontrolled breathing. Then a flicker of shadows, then shuffling of feet, and the slamming of the door. I was locked in the room with only my lame flashlight. And there was someone in the house. What an idiot I was! But they had obviously seen something that scared them. Then, a comforting thought hit me, and after thinking about it I knew it wasn’t possible. Could it be Max playing a prank? No. He was at his friend’s.
But the curiosity in me wanted to see what it was that scared the intruder. Slowly making my way toward where the robber used to stand, I started to feel more confident. The robber had probably left the house already, so I didn’t have to worry about that. Now I had a mystery to myself that I had to solve.
A second later, my flashlight shined on something that drew my confidence away right out of me. I screamed, and a moment later, everything went black.

No comments:

Post a Comment